As a Chopra Certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Instructor, it is a privilege for me to guide you on a journey toward healing and wholeness through the ancient practices of Ayurveda. Ayurveda - "Eye-Your-Veda" is a 5000 year old healing system that originated in India. "Ayus" means life, and "Veda" means wisdom. The program will take you on a journey to greater awareness and health. Health is a state of balance in which all the layers of ones' life are integrated. The Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program offers you the tools to enhance your physical and emotional wellbeing through making conscious choices, enlivening the nourishing connection between body, mind and spirit. Ayurveda is an empowering approach that guides you in a process to intuitively connect with what your mind and body need to experience optimum health, wholeness and balance.
The Ayuvedic Lifestyle Program is a five lesson plan that originally was to be offered in a comprehensive weekend workshop format. Each lesson combined discussion with interactive exercises to better illustrate the ideas being explored. Participants experience the most from the course by making it personally relevant and deciding how to integrate these valuable teachings into your life. Each lesson lasted approximately 2 hours with breaks. A group meditation and/or gentle yoga postures and yogic breathing exercises called Pranayama were part of each lesson. Weather permitting, we will meditated in the park adjacent to the workshop studio.
HOWEVER, the COVID 19 pandemic changed activities that were offered in person, in closed spaces. The exciting thing moving forward is that you will be able to do the entire program online through five modules. You will also have access to an online workbook as well as virtual appointments should you wish to discuss things individually. It will take some time for me to create this new format, however, it is something that you can look forward to in the near future! It will be recommended that you would do the assessment of your "Prakruti", or your original Doshic nature, as well as your "Vikruti", your current doshic imbalances in a live or virtual appointment. Then you will be ready to start the modules that will have all the information the 'in-person' format would have had.
Though we won't be able to share Ayurvedic snacks and tea together, you will learn how to prepare your own to enjoy!
Please write me anytime to share your interest, and I will ensure to notify you when the program is ready to launch!!!
Here is a preview of what will be covered in each module:
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program Overview:
Lesson One: Body, Mind and Soul
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Meditation and Sun Salutations
- Mind-Body Constitution known as the Doshas
- Understanding the Characteristics of the Doshas
- Interpreting your unique Mind-Body Questionnaire
Lesson Two: Food As Medicine
- Proper digestion, nutrition, and making healthy eating choices based on your dosha
- Understanding how these nutritional practices will help you maintain vibrant health, appropriate weight and optimized digestion
- Learning about the importance of six tastes to incorporate for body balance
Lesson Three: Detoxification, Purification and Rejuvenation
- Develop a set of personalized Ayurvedic daily routines that specifically enhance balance and optimal health
- Learn to perpetually renew yourself each day by recognizing and eliminating toxins and by performing gentle rejuvenating techniques
Lesson Four: Emotional Freedom
- Understand the importance of processing the emotional toxins that can contribute to dis-ease
- Learn tools to practice conscious communication to enhance relationships and help you achieve emotional freedom
Lesson Five: Gateways to Inner Pharmacy
- Learn to use your senses to access the power of your body's inner pharmacy to heal and nourish
- Learn how to maintain balance by accessing all five of your senses
- Learn about Ayurvedic Aromatherapy and it's therapeutic benefits
There will be opportunities at any time to discuss the Ayurvedic principles that you are integrating into a lifestyle by booking a consultation follow up. As well, when possible we achieve a state of safe, and new normal, there may be podcasts of other practitioners to expand your learning experience including an Ayurvedic cooking demonstration, Ayurvedic Aromatherapy guest speaker, recommendations for sound meditation and mantra-based practice, called "Kirtan".
Stay tuned for the launch of the online Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program!