As a Chopra Certified Ayurvedic Lifestyle Instructor, it is a privilege for me to guide you on a journey toward healing and wholeness through the ancient practices of Ayurveda. Ayurveda - "Eye-Your-Veda" is a 5000 year old healing system that originated in India. "Ayus" means life, and "Veda" means wisdom. The program will take you on a journey to greater awareness and health. Health is a state of balance in which all the layers of ones' life are integrated. The Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program offers you the tools to enhance your physical and emotional wellbeing through making conscious choices, enlivening the nourishing connection between body, mind and spirit. Ayurveda is an empowering approach that guides you in a process to intuitively connect with what your mind and body need to experience optimum health, wholeness and balance.
The Ayuvedic Lifestyle Program is a five lesson plan offered in a comprehensive weekend workshop format. Each lesson will combine discussion with interactive exercises to better illustrate the ideas that we will be exploring. You will experience the most from the course through participation, making it personally relevant and deciding how to integrate these valuable teachings into your life. Each lesson lasts approximately 2 hours with breaks. A group meditation and/or gentle yoga postures and yogic breathing exercises called Pranayama are part of each lesson. Weather permitting, we will do this in the park adjacent to the workshop studio. Please come to each class dressed in comfortable clothing to allow for ease and movement. There will be chairs, however if you wish to bring your own yoga mat, meditation cushion, shawl or blanket, please do so. You will have the opportunity to ask questions after each class. We will have a lunch break with meals from Sunterra Market, a 15 minute walk from the workshop studio. I will also have Ayurvedic snacks on hand and an endless supply of tea : )
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program Overview:
Lesson One: Body, Mind and Soul
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Meditation and Sun Salutations
- Mind-Body Constitution known as the Doshas
- Understanding the Characteristics of the Doshas
- Interpreting your unique Mind-Body Questionnaire
Lesson Two: Food As Medicine
- Proper digestion, nutrition, and making healthy eating choices based on your dosha
- Understanding how these nutritional practices will help you maintain vibrant health, appropriate weight and optimized digestion
- Learning about the importance of six tastes to incorporate for body balance
Lesson Three: Detoxification, Purification and Rejuvenation
- Develop a set of personalized Ayurvedic daily routines that specifically enhance balance and optimal health
- Learn to perpetually renew yourself each day by recognizing and eliminating toxins and by performing gentle rejuvenating techniques
Lesson Four: Emotional Freedom
- Understand the importance of processing the emotional toxins that can contribute to dis-ease
- Learn tools to practice conscious communication to enhance relationships and help you achieve emotional freedom
Lesson Five: Gateways to Inner Pharmacy
- Learn to use your senses to access the power of your body's inner pharmacy to heal and nourish
- Learn how to maintain balance by accessing all five of your senses
- Learn about Ayurvedic Aromatherapy and it's therapeutic benefits
There will be opportunities in the weeks to come to discuss the Ayurvedic principles that you are integrating into a lifestyle by booking a consultation follow up. As well, when possible, additional speakers may be brought in to enhance your learning experience including an Ayurvedic cooking demonstration, Ayurvedic Aromatherapy guest speaker and closing the weekend with sound meditation and mantra called "Kirtan".
You will receive a Chopra Centre workbook that will be your guide for all the lessons. It is my vision that the weekend workshop would be offered four times a year in the beautiful setting of Canmore, AB or inspirational setting of Sedona, AZ, as a comprehensive retreat experience during the spring/fall equinox and the summer/winter solstice.
Please refer to the tab on the left "Hot News" where the current dates for the Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program will be posted. You will then be able to go to the Rates tab, scroll down to the Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program and click the PayPal tab where you can register. Your payment is confirmation of your registration in the class. You will receive further updates through email closer to the start date.
MARCH 23TH & 24TH, 2019 is the confirmed date for the next Ayurvedic Lifestyle Program. Pre-Registration BONUS of 10% off if payment is received before or by February 9th, 2019.